The Civic Space Studies Association is looking to hire a fundraising officer (part-time). The association staff is currently working remotely however the association has its office in Kadıköy and the applicants are expected to reside in Istanbul. Applicants must be Turkish citizens. Applicants should provide a cover letter and CV in either Turkish or English ([email protected]). Neither document should exceed 2 pages.
In the second stage of the selection process, applicants will be asked to provide a short narrative and budget in English for a new project of their choice.
The third and final stage of the selection process will involve an interview with the executive management team.
Application Deadline: 23.08.2021 (TSİ) 18:00
- Develop project ideas in line with our association’s aims and vision, drafting of projects for funding applications
- Maintain good relationships with the funders and potential funders, participate in networking meetings when possible
- Devise timetables for project management and follow-up
- Follow good practices in civil society in project development and upkeep, especially with regards to gender equality, LGBTQI+ rights, rights of the people with disabilities
- Assist the project coordinator guide the team for time management and planning
- Collaborate with the project coordinator in the drafting of the project budgets
- Undertake the financial and narrative report writing for each quarter
- Search for new funding opportunities on a regular basis and discuss these with the team
- Will be responsible for the communication with funders and ensure that the required responses are given by the team
- Participate in regular zoom meetings with the team, funders or other briefings when required, within working hours
- Good grasp of current affairs in Turkey in the field of human rights advocacy is a must
- Excellent English and Turkish writing, listening, reading and speaking skills. Applicants are encouraged to submit relevant test scores, transcripts, writing samples or any other relevant proof of English with their application. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
- Experience in developing innovative projects in the field of rights advocacy which will address grassroots needs as well as funder priorities
- Applicants with prior experience in grassroots organizations, student bodies, and/or self-funded projects will be prioritized
- Great communication and mediation skills, punctual in responding mails
- Knowledge of Turkish taxation system, ability to communicate the financial context to the foreign funders
- Familiarity with drafting budgets and estimating costs
- Experience in EU projects and funding models
- Problem solving skills and ability to adapt projects into different models or COVID19 related exigencies
- Academic background and/or work experience in the fields of gender studies, international relations, sociology, anthropology, human rights studies, law, EU studies and other relevant disciplines