In this Clarification Text the following terms meanings are;
Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person,
Law on the Protection of Personal Data: The Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698, which was published in the Official Gazette on April 7, 2016,
Civil Society Development Center (Sivil Toplum Geliştirme Merkezi Derneği – STGM): Association whose address is Buğday Sokak NO: 2/5 06680 Çankaya/Ankara, established in accordance with the relevant legislation,
Data Owner: Submit forms of an activity on their behalf or in the name of the relevant organization via STGM website (www.stgm.org.tr) and/or Management Information System (https://stgm-mis.azurewebsites.net/) and/or e-bulletin,
Data Processor: The natural or legal person who processes Personal Data on behalf of the data controller, based on the authority given by the data controller,
Data Controller: STGM
Contracting Authority: Funding institution that is the party to the grant contracts executed by STGM,
Co-applicant: Participating partner in the projects carried out by STGM,
Your personal data that you share, as member, donor, intern, supplier, visitor, grant recipient, supported, program partner and/or association employee/manager, will be evaluated in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data within the scope specified below by the legal entity STGM, which is determined as the data controller.
Processing Purposes of your Personal Data
Your personal data can be processed with the following rules in accordance with the provisions of article 4, 5 and 6 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data;
- in accordance with the law and in good faith, accurate and up-to-date when necessary
- for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes
- relevant, limited and restrained with the purpose they are processed
- to be stored for the period required by the relevant legislation or for the purpose which they are processed.
Your personal data can be processed with the following purposes in accordance with the related legislation in scope of your relationship with STGM to;
- receive applications for activities such as trainings, meetings, seminars, festivals, corporate coaching, technical supports, support point services, printed and online publications, in-kind and cash grants, partnership programs and researches organized within the framework of the projects carried out and will be carried out by STGM,
- evaluate these applications,
- provide and carry out the communication of these applications,
- provide necessary services from third parties such as travel and accommodation for these organizations,
- organize/support cultural and art events,
- create grant programs and partnerships
- keep your data in accordance with the Law of Associations and any relevant legislation,
- ensure that activities are carried out in line with the objectives defined in the STGM charter,
- provide opportunities such as participation, online bulletin, benefiting from events,
- inform about the services of the association
- provide the opportunity to benefit from the products and services related to the activities of the association,
- be able to analyze personal data and information in statistical studies without disclosing identity in order to improve the services,
- inform about the contents, opportunities and latest news that belong to the supporters of the association, the contracting authority and stakeholders,
- notify about the information, events and services requested by the data owner,
- manage applications,
- ensure the security of the personal data kept by STGM and to transfer the data for this purpose,
- be able to make notifications (renewal, expiration, etc.) about all kinds of activities and website memberships carried out by STGM and its STAKEHOLDERS AND PARTNERS, any kind of communication that may be established with you,
- to inform about new services and products to be offered, and changes in personal data policies and communication conditions.
Transfer of your Personal Data
In accordance with the provisions of article Articles 8 and 9 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data, your personal data shall be transferred to third parties (program partner, collaborating institution, supplier, contracting authority, association coordinator/employees, economic enterprises of STGM, online service providers such as Google, Microsoft, Digital Ocean, whose centers are located in Turkey or abroad), legally authorized public institutions and organizations (legally authorized private entities or foreign countries), institutions and organizations which the contracting authority is affiliated within the scope of the above-mentioned purposes, within the framework of Personal Data processing conditions and purposes in order to continue the activities of STGM.
Personal data is transferred to the Contracting Authorities for reporting purposes within the above-mentioned categories and within the scope of the projects carried out. The Contracting Authority may be located in Turkey or abroad. Personal data obtained from the activities within the scope of the projects financed by the European Commission are transferred to the European Union Delegation Turkey and the European Commission, Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations. These data are processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. The clarification text is available at https://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prag/annexes.do?chapterTitleCode=A.
Legal Grounds for Processing of Personal Data and Collection Method
Your personal data can be collected by the following methods,
- application and registration forms for trainings,
- application and registration forms for seminars and meetings,
- application and registration forms for grant programs,
- support point request forms,
- STGM website contact forms,
- STGM website cookies,
- STGM website e-bulletin registration forms,
- STGM management information system registration forms,
- job application forms,
- internship application forms,
- application and registration forms to participate in online programs used by the STGM to provide training and meetings,
- third party services (Zoom, GoToWebinar, Google Meet etc.) used for online meetings, conferences and trainings,
- other forms for similar purposes,
Following personal data is processed within the framework of your relation with STGM,
- Identity information: Name-surname, TCKN, passport number,
- Contact information: e-mail address, telephone number, social media accounts, NGOs that you represent
- Educational information: graduated schools, certificates received, foreign language,
- Professional information: work experience,
- Financial information: bank account number,
- and other information held by the website and information management system.
The Data Owner gives this personal data on his own initiative. Your personal data is processed through automatic or manual processes listed under the provisions of article 5, 8 and 9 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data in the above mentioned framework.
Texts containing small pieces of information are stored on computers, mobile phones or tablets by cookies that are automatically activated when a website or Information Management System belonging to STGM is visited or a mobile application belonging to STGM is used. Purpose of this is to improve the service and/or the way of presentation offered in these media, based on the experience of the users in digital media.
Records Preservation Period
Personal data will be kept for the period stipulated by the project contract in which the data is collected, or the maximum period specified in the relevant national and international legislation, and in any case, for the legal statute of limitations.
Your Rights in Terms of Protecting your Personal Data
You have the following rights through in accordance with the article 11 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data;
- to learn whether your personal data is processed or not,
- to request information if your personal data is processed,
- to learn the purpose of your data processing and whether this data is used for intended purposes,
- to be informed about the third parties to whom your personal data is transferred domestically or abroad,
- to request the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate data, if any,
- to request the erasure or destruction of your personal data under the conditions laid down in Law on Protection of Personal Data,
- to request notification of the operations carried out in compliance with above mentioned rectification, erasure and destruction to third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred,
- to object to the processing, exclusively by automatic means, of your personal data, which leads to an unfavourable consequence for you,
- to request compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of your personal data.
Contact Information for your Rights and Requests
The data owner can reach the Data Controller STGM for any questions and opinions regarding their personal data via sending email to [email protected] If desired, data owner can request that personal data be deleted from the database by notifying [email protected]
In addition, an application can be made to the Data Controller at [email protected] to correct incomplete or incorrectly processed personal data or to update this data in case of any changes in the processed personal data.