Following are expected from the position of Project Coordinator for the Memory and Peace Studies Program:
- Assume responsibility for coordinating social memory projects actively implemented by Hafıza Merkezi, implementing and reporting on project activities;
- Contributing to the implementation of existing projects and the elaboration of new projects by following the researches and discussions on memory studies, memorialization and transitional justice in the world and in Turkey;
- Contributing to the planning of the research done by Hafıza Merkezi in the field of memory;
- Continuing and expanding cooperation with the institutions, activists, academics, researchers and other actors with whom Hafıza Merkezi is already in contact in Turkey and internationally.
- Develop creative ideas by collaborating with the communications team during the dissemination and announcement phases of the projects that the Memory and Peace Studies team is actively implementing;
- Shall lead the planning and implementation of online and offline meetings held in Turkey and abroad as part of the projects.
Required qualifications for application
- Completed undergraduate studies and preferably a graduate degree in topics related to the working area of Hafıza Merkezi
- Volunteer or professional work in areas such as social memory, human rights, and peace studies;
- Have at least five years of professional experience in a similar field in civil society and/or academia;
- Experience in project management, reporting, and research design;
- Propensity for teamwork and strong communication skills;
- Very good knowledge of Turkish and English (Kurdish is an advantage) is an asset.
Those interested in the position can send their CV and motivation letter explaining why they would like to work at Hafıza Merkezi to [email protected] by August 1, 2022 at 18:00.