mecliste.org will host an online Legislative Participation and Monitoring Training between June 11-12-13.
What is the Purpose of the Training?
- To provide theoretical and practical information on the tools and methods that allow a voice in politics and ensure the active participation of citizens in the administration in accordance with the principle of democratization.
- Facilitate the active participation of citizens and civil society in the legislative process and in monitoring and evaluating the impact of laws by providing theoretical and practical information on the use of these tools and methods.
What is the Training Aimed at?
- For participants;
- Fundamentals of governmental systems and parliamentary structure.
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of legislative and audit processes
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of the functions, activities and tasks of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey
- Active citizenship and participation in the legislature
- Data verification (fact-checking)
- Basics of lobbying
- The Advocacy Cycle
What are the Application Criteria?
- You are a civil society actor
- You have experience in agenda setting related to monitoring, evaluation and participation or have an interest in monitoring activities
- Voluntary willingness to share the possible monitoring, evaluation and participation studies after the program with the mecliste.org platform
- Have good communication skills