Under the Turquoise Coast Environment Fund, support will be provided to projects of local civil society organizations that aim to protect and renew the natural environment by considering key environmental challenges and opportunities in the Aegean and Mediterranean. It is expected that applications submitted during the 2022 term of the Fund will prioritize the following three thematic areas and issues compatible with these areas.
- Promoting Sustainable Food Systems
- Promoting Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Legal and institutional support and empowerment of local CSOs working in the field of nature conservation
It is expected that the CSOs that will apply for the project and the applications to be submitted will meet the following criteria:
- Be a non-profit civil society organization with legal personality (association, foundation, cooperative, etc.).
- Actively working in the field of nature and biodiversity, marine and coastal protection in Turkey
- 2021 income less than 3,000,000 TL.
The total amount of the grant that will be distributed to CSOs under the Turquoise Coast Environment Fund is at least 540,000 TL. The applicant CSO can request a maximum of 180,000 TL from the grant program. Organizations wishing to apply for the fund must complete the application form in full and submit it by 18:00 on Saturday, July 30.
Detailed information about the Turquoise Coast Environment Fund (application requirements, evaluation criteria and project plan) and the application form can be found here.