We defined the overall objective of the Monitoring Freedom of Association Project as to ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory, and representative decision-making at all levels. In this scope, we aim to contribute raising awareness on barriers to the expansion of the civil space and build capacities for rights-based advocacy in Turkey.
Our focus areas in the Monitoring Freedom of Association Project are:
- Generating information to contribute to the development of civil society in Turkey,
- Drafting reports that will facilitate data-based decision-making by public institutions and civil society organizations,
- Facilitate access of grassroots to information by diligently following the agenda of civil society in the world and in Turkey,
- Strengthening the working practices of public institutions with civil society by working in close cooperation with public institutions,
- Supporting the capacities of grassroots CSOs,
- Developing concrete proposals to improve the quality of regulations regarding CSOs in line with the international standards
We believe that it will be a modest contribution to Turkish civil society on critical issues, such as freedom of association, the right to participate, public-civil society cooperation, strengthening the capacity of CSOs and closely following the global civil society agenda. Our main priority is to produce more information and develop concrete proposals on the civil society field.
We have good news for CSOs that want to produce video content. In our studio in our office, you can shoot your videos and get editing support.