Required qualifications and details for the Project and Communications Assistant position:
Work location: Izmir
Type of work: Full time
Work start date: December 15, 2022
Reference Code: ESHID - 2022/11 - Project Assistant
Application deadline: until 27/11/2022 at 18:00
• To support the Project Management Unit in the project "Together against discrimination: building a civil society coalition to improve access to justice for victims of discrimination" funded by the European Union,
• To manage the project's website, manage the social media accounts in English and Turkish in accordance with the association's and project's communication strategy, help define the relevant communication strategies in the project's advocacy and promotion activities, and plan the relevant tools and activities for the implementation of these strategies by the project team and stakeholders,
• Supporting monitoring and reporting studies,
• Organizing all types of meetings held under the project, under the coordination of the project coordinator,
• Liaising with civil society organizations (CSOs), bar associations, universities and other relevant stakeholders involved in the project "Together Against Discrimination: Building a Civil Society Coalition to Improve Access to Justice for Victims of Discrimination",
• Assist the Project Management Unit with reporting and financial matters of the project,
• If necessary, conduct site visits with the Project Management Unit and participate in regional meetings,
• Participate in national and international meetings on behalf of ESHID, if required,
• Contribute to the sustainability and general work of the Association under the coordination of the Project Coordinator.
• A degree in political science, public administration, sociology or communication from one of the universities,
• At least 1 year of professional experience in projects implemented in the field of human rights (volunteer work will be counted as experience),
• Knowledge of human rights and non-discrimination,
• Knowledge and experience in project management, preferably in the management of EU-funded projects,
• Experience in website and social media management and in developing and implementing communication strategies (candidates may be asked to provide an example of work in this area),
• Ability to organize and plan meetings,
• Good communication skills and inclination to work as part of a team,
• Ability to work in a solution-oriented manner,
• Be very proficient in MS office programs,
• Good command of Turkish and English, both written and spoken,
• No travel restrictions.
Applicants should send a letter of intent without photo in Turkish or English explaining the reasons for applying for the position and their willingness to work for Association for Monitoring Equal Rights to [email protected] with the above reference code in the subject line of the email.
It is important that applicants include the contact information of at least two references in their resume.
After the first pre-selection of the candidates who meet the application criteria, among the applications received following the application deadline, interviews will be held with the appropriate candidates face-to-face or via Zoom with a committee of three people. After the interviews are completed, the results will be announced after the second interview conducted with three possible candidates and communicated to the applicants by email, starting with the first shortlisted candidates.