The training will take place on 31 May, 1 and 2 June and envisages a full-day programme on each of the three days.
The objective of the training is to increase the capacities of CSOs in basic communication skills and to enable them to prepare attractive stories delivered through different channels to a general audience and specific target groups.
Concrete topics to be covered are:
- Principles of storytelling;
- Communication channels and the differences in the approach;
- Writing for traditional and new media;
- Basics of public and media relations;
- Efficient communication.
The training will take the form of two-day (1st and 3rd day) hands-on training sessions consisted of presentations by the trainer about methods and principles of storytelling, communication channels and their practical use (SM, web, traditional media - TV, radio, newspapers, news – portals), public relations and media relations (key-messages, data, practical tips), in-depth information about EU communication and visibility requirements (presentation of EU rules and best practices) and basics of communication tools (news, information, feature story, types of videos, infographic, photography).
The second day of the training is reserved for exchange and practical work and will be organised back-to-back with the training. The aim is to provide for: 1) exchange of experiences, with practical know-how transfer and interactive session with the Expert as moderator and guest speaker/s in the field of communication, or editor/journalist and 2) developing communication products by participants, presentation and evaluation of products.
The participants will work individually and in groups in the production of communication products by employing a selection of the above-mentioned communication elements.
Training with be delivered, in English language.
Up to 20 representatives of CSOs from the region will be selected to attend the training. Participants will be selected based on the pre-defined criteria as follows:
- Nominated representatives should be from a CSOs that are interested in enhancing their scope of communication with the public and their constituencies;
- Nominated representatives are working on communications and have basic knowledge in this field i.e. their part or full work portfolio is in the field of communication
- Nominated representatives have an interest in public relations, media relations, new and social media;
- Knowledge of basic digital tools such as Word, Power Point, use of Social Media, Adobe Reader, experience in using Adobe Design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or video platforms by nominated representatives will be considered an asset.
To enable diversity and equal access, each CSO can assign one representative to attend the training. A basic geographical balance of representatives would be maintained.
EU TACSO 3 strongly recommends that CSO’s planning to apply to have in mind the above-mentioned criteria.
Interested participants should fill-in the application form before Friday, 21 May, 2021 at 17:00 CET.