Purposes and the Way of Work
The aim of FIDH is to work in cooperation around the world to protect human rights victims, prevent human rights violations and punish those responsible accordingly. Within the scope of fundamental human rights defined within the framework of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, FIDH has identified four main priority areas and eight issue priorities.
The four main priority areas are:
- Protection of Human Rights and Support to Victims
- Mobilization of the Union of States (Advocacy)
- Support for Action Capacity of Local NGOs
- Awareness Raising
The eight priority issues are:
- Protection of human rights protectors and implementation of the 1998 UN Declaration
- Women's rights,
- Migrants' rights,
- Justice to victims
- LGBTI+ rights
- International justice
- Consideration and development of respect for human rights in the fight against terrorism
- Advocacy on economic globalization that respects human rights.
Independent non-governmental organizations working in the field of human rights can be a member of FIDH.
FIDH Social Media
BİRLİKTE Support Program Call for Proposals
You can submit your proposals until August 3, 2022 for the new support period of the BİRLİKTE Support Program, which we started to implement in 2017 to provide corporate grants and mentorship for corporate development to rights-based CSOs.