Purposes and the Way of Work
The purposes of KARAT are as follows:
- To encourage gender-sensitive policies, decision-making processes and the harmonization of national policies and laws of all countries in the region with international standards and conventions,
- To contribute to the stability and peace in the region,
- To strengthen KARAT's capacity to fulfill its mission.
Its core activities are:
- Advocating and lobbying at national, regional and international levels (Central and Eastern Europe / Commonwealth of Independent States countries, UN Economic Commission for Europe, EU and UN)
- Improving the capacity of NGOs working in the field of gender,
- Organizing regional and international conferences, meetings and workshops,
- Networking, information sharing, and disseminating of information
Membership and Membership Requirements
KARAT's members are organizations and individuals from Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
There are two categories of membership:
- Organizations as regular members, and
- Women and men as individual honorary members.
Address: ul. Walecznych 26/3
03-916 Warsaw, Poland
Tel./Fax: +48 22 628 2003
Email: [email protected]
We have good news for CSOs that want to produce video content. In our studio in our office, you can shoot your videos and get editing support.