In the 3-day training that we will organize between March 23-24-25, 2023, we will discuss the right to participation from different aspects. We will cover the topics of freedom of association, advocacy, participatory methods and participation in national and international legislation, CSO participation in legislative processes, local participation mechanisms and participation mechanisms in central government.
Only CSOs operating in İzmir, Manisa, Uşak, Denizli, Muğla, Aydın, Kütahya and Balıkesir can apply for the training. We will cover the cost of accommodation and transportation for those attending the training from outside İzmir.
CSOs wishing to attend the training must complete the application form by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 10, 2023. CSO representatives whose applications are accepted will be notified by e-mail on Wednesday, March 13, 2023.
Criteria for application
- Only CSOs operating in İzmir, Manisa, Uşak, Denizli, Muğla, Aydın, Kütahya and Balıkesir can apply for the training.
- The training program is aimed at rights-based* CSOs that carry out advocacy activities and campaigns at the local and national level or have included these activities in their work plan.
- It is mandatory that 2 individuals representing each organization apply for the training. Applications from individuals on behalf of CSOs will not be accepted. It is mandatory that two people attend the trainings to attend both trainings.
- It is mandatory that both CSO representatives registering for the training complete the registration form together. Except for exceptional circumstances, changes in participants will not be accepted after the evaluation.
- It is desirable that at least one of the CSO representatives registering for the training be female.
- Experience in agenda setting related to participation, monitoring and evaluation, or the intention to participate in decision-making or influencing public policy will be considered a plus.
- It is beneficial if you have completed the courses in the "Everybody Needs Back-up Courses" section of the STOK Learning Platform. You can sign up for the STOK learning platform here.
How are the applications assessed?
To ensure the training is effective and efficient, the number of participants is limited to 20. The evaluation is based on the following criteria.
- Completion of the registration form
- Two people from one CSO have applied
- Compatibility of the purpose of the application with the objective of the educational program
- If applying, priority must have been given to completing the online content in the "Everybody Needs Back-up Courses" section of the STOK Learning Platform.
- Regional distribution
- Thematic distribution
- Gender balance
*The rights-based approach identifies individuals as entitled subjects, while identifying government agencies and, increasingly, the private sector as duty bearers. The rights-based approach, based on human rights principles and standards, aims to develop the capacity of individuals to claim and defend their rights and the capacity of institutions to fulfill their rights-related obligations.
We would like to remind you that if your application is accepted, an "assignment letter" will be requested from the management of the organization you represent, confirming that they have approved your participation in the entire program on behalf of your organization.
If you have any questions, you may contact us at [email protected].