We have begun the second phase of the project we are implementing with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). The aim is to strengthen the capacity of NGOs that carry out activities to prevent child, early and forced marriages.
As of January 2023, the evaluation process of the applications to the CEFM Prevention Support Program was completed and the following 10 Civil Society Organizations that we will work with for 1 year have been identified.
- Eksi 25 Derneği - Eskişehir
- Eşit Haklar İçin İzleme Derneği - Ankara & İzmir
- Havle Kadın Derneği - İstanbul
- Hayat Sende Gençlik Akademisi Derneği - Ankara
- Katre Kadın Danışma ve Dayanışma Derneği - Erzinca
- Mimoza Kadın Derneği - Mersin
- Ortakça Derneği - Van
- Önce Çocuklar ve Kadınlar Derneği - Antalya
- Roman Hakları Derneği - Ankara
- Uçan Süpürge Kadın İletişim ve Araştırma Derneği - Ankara
What have we done up to today?
- In this process, each organization will work with their mentors and receive technical and administrative support from the project team.
- As of the end of March, we visited all organizations and completed the self-assessment studies to determine their organizational capacity and needs. In line with the identified needs, we held a training on the Prevention of CEFM and Advocacy in Ankara on 29, 30 and 31 March with 20 participants from 8 different provinces. In this training, after addressing subjects like the dynamics, implications, health risks, and consequences of CEFM, the legal framework, known mistakes in this context, community-based studies and points to consider in CEFM communication materials, we focused on the basic concepts of advocacy and policy brief preparation.
- Now, the process of developing project ideas is underway. Organizations started to develop their projects for the prevention of CEFM by working one-on-one with their mentors. We plan to hold the 2nd training in Ankara on June 7, 8 and 9.