The brochure titled “The 12 Principles of Good Democratic Governance” of the Council of Europe Local Government Reform Experts Committee was translated into Turkish by STGM.
“Based on the argument that "Good Democratic Governance" is a necessity at all levels of public administration, the brochure states that at the local level, local government is of primary importance as it is the closest government to the citizens. The principles included in the brochure titled “The 12 Principles of Good Democratic Governance” are as follows;
1. Participation, Representation, Fair Elections,
3. Effectiveness and Efficiency,
4. Openness and Transparency
5. Rule of Law,
6. Ethical Behavior,
7. Competence and Capacity,
8. Being Open to Innovation and Change,
9. Sustainability and Long-Term Orientation,
10. Solid Financial Management,
11. Human Rights, Cultural Diversity and Social Cohesion
STGM YouTube Channel
On the STGM YouTube Channel, you can find various tutorials, presentations and current discussions on civil society. Check out our channel now and subscribe.